Your legacy, their future
Join us and begin leaving your legacy today for generations of Corvallis students to come. Planned gifts provide creative and flexible solutions as you consider your charitable and financial goals.
Some planned gifts have an impact now, some after your lifetime. Among the financial benefits you may receive are substantial tax savings, and others may provide you income for life. However, the greatest benefit is knowing that you are supporting work that is important to you, your community and future generations of Corvallis students.
How your gift will be used
Gifts to the Corvallis Schools Foundation are used to support academic and extracurricular opportunities for students that are above and beyond the capacity of the school district budget. The Foundation is focused on helping the School District provide unique, innovative, and enriching opportunities for its students.
Know your giving options
Gifts for today
However you prefer to give, here are a few of the ways your generosity may help you save on taxes this year and may help decrease your annual income:
▪ An IRA charitable Rollover/Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD)
• If you are at least 70.5, you potentially pay no income taxes on the distribution, and you may benefit even if you do not itemize your tax deductions.
▪ A Donor Advised Fund (DAF) Grant
• You can recommend recurring grants to Corvallis Schools Foundation.
• You generally may qualify for a charitable tax deduction in the year you donate to your fund, if you itemize.
▪ Appreciated Stock and Securities
• You receive the same income tax savings that you would if you wrote a check, but with the added benefit of eliminating capital gains taxes on the transfer, if you itemize.
Gifts for the Future
▪ Bequests in a Will or Trust
• Stating a dollar amount to be given through your will offers certainty as to the amount that will be used for charitable use.
• Giving a percentage will automatically adjust along with the total value of property passing under the terms of your will.
• All or part of “what’s left”, after providing adequately for your loved ones.
• Contact your asset plan administration and request that the Corvallis Schools Foundation be named or added as a beneficiary.
▪ Gifts of Assets
• Land and tangible personal property
• Life Insurance Policy
• Retirement plan assets
▪ Other Planned Gift Options
• Charitable Gift Annuities
• Deferred Gift Annuities
• Charitable Lead Trusts
• Charitable remainder trust
The gifts mentioned above are just some of the options for giving.
Please consult your professional financial advisor for specific advice about your financial decisions or estate planning. The Corvallis Schools foundation is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization, tax-exempt number is 81-0516863.
If you have already included the Corvallis Schools Foundation in your financial plans, please let us know so we can thank you for your generosity.